GLASS-ED 2022 Virtual Shows - Rules & Guidelines
Rules/Guidelines for Submission
1. The video must be made from behind C and in a dressage arena with letters. The arena dimensions should be as close to regulation size as possible, but we will be a little flexible. A small arena is 20m x 40m (66' x 132') and a large arena is 20m x 60m (66' x 198').
2. The video should be one continuous flow. No splicing video segments together.
3. Each test has a time limit. Your video should be no longer than one minute over the time listed on the test.
4. Please do not zoom in too closely, the judge needs to see at least a portion of the arena and letters.
5. The video may not be a ride from a previous show. The date and time must be shown at the beginning of the video. This can be written on a piece of paper and recorded before the ride starts, or any device showing the current date.
6. Video must be taken in landscape mode.
7. The bridle should be dropped after the ride so the judge can see that the bridle and bit are legal for the test ridden. The video should clearly show the bridle and bit.
8. Formal show attire is not required, but apparel should be neat and clean, reflecting the discipline being ridden. All rules regarding equipment will be enforced.
9. Upload the test to your personal YouTube account. Be sure your video is set to public and the link is included in your entry.
Once the show has reached its closing date, all entries will be organized into classes. The show entries will be sent to the officiating judge. The judge will watch and score the tests on an electronic form with feedback. The judge will then send the tests back to the organizer, where the classes will be placed. Tests will then be emailed to the rider. The scores will follow the directives on the published tests. For electronic scoring, the score sheet will have abbreviated directives. Riders should review published tests to see the full directives when reviewing feedback. Results will be posted on both Facebook and the GLASS-ED website.
Virtual Year End Awards Rules
1. The rider must be a GLASS-ED member and the horse must be registered with GLASS-ED.
2. The rider/horse team must be registered for each Year End Award level for which they wish to accumulate points and fee must have been paid.
3. The rider/horse team must have participated in at least three (3) virtual Glass-Ed shows at the level(s) registered for Year End Awards.
4. High Point and High Percent Virtual Year End Awards will be offered at all levels with registered and qualified riders. Breed awards not offered for Virtual Year End Awards.